Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 42 - Back home

The day we have been waiting for has finally arrived. Only slept a few hours the night before and woke up at 8am for area cleaning, at the same time doing last minute packing. When it was all cleared, we bid goodbyes to our rooms and carry our luggages up the bus. Took around 2hrs bus journey from our campus to wuhan tianhe airport. Once reached, we proceed to check in our luggages. The airport was packed with ngee ann students, mainly from 3 schools; mde, lsct and ee. Since the departure time is still hours away, our mde division went to have meal at KFC. At about 1.20pm, we board the plane that heads to guangzhou.

Everyone with barang barang ready to go

Arrived at wuhan tianhe international airport

Domestic departures as we are heading to guangzhou first

Facilities wasn't that bad afterall...


A lot of people waiting to check in

Arrived at guangzhou airport at around 3pm. As the next flight to Singapore is 6.40pm, we have to spend several hours at guangzhou airport. Instead of walking around, we decided to slack at one corner. Some of us slept while some played cards. At about 5.30pm, we went to check in. Went pass the temperature scanner and the personnel over there found out that I was having a fever. She said that I would not be allowed to went in if my fever persists. I starts getting anxious as all my other friends had went in. If I missed this flight, I would have to wait till tommorrow evening. Mr Loh accompanied me to buy drinks and I started drinking and wiping my face with the cold water to cool myself down. Thankfully, I managed to pass through eventually.

The plane finally landed at Singapore at about 1040pm. Everyone of us onboard was so happy that we clapped and cheered. We have officially arrived at our homeland! The feeling of happiness and excitement is indescribable. At the arrival gate, everyone hugged with families and there were teaful joys everywhere.


Singapore: This is where we belong!

Reflection:
After this trip, it made us loved Singapore even more. This is truly our homeland. Along the expressway in Singapore, I realised that Singapore is very clean and the smell of air is where we belong. Although the memories in wuhan would still be remembered, but personally for me I would still prefer Singapore as this is the place where we grown up and with the love of families and friends.




1 Comments:

At October 18, 2009 at 2:12 AM , Blogger Mindmapper said...

Hi Adrian
I believe, most Singaporeans returning home after being away for a few weeks, would feel the same way that you have described. Singapore is where we belong. Best regards, Lim Choon Boo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home